Thursday 16 February 2012

Assignment 2: Joe walk Cycle and Jump


Joe Jump
This would be the second part to the assignment which is Jumping. I believe showing a video to show my actual animation would be better then screenshots.

For this part I actually bumped into quite alot of problems for the jump animation. First of all i did pose to pose animation and when i started to spread them out I had to spread around 10 parts all at the same time and it was quite a fun yet boring process. When i started spreading the frames i realised some frames had "double" keyframes and i had to manually take them away using the graph editor.

However, by removing these "double" frames i realised at a certain point in the animation the rotations get out of hand and spazzems for a second. Due to this I had to replace my key frames and redo it again. Aside from that I also attempted to make my jump as natural as possible but with the lack of time the jump itself wasn't too refined. I did not manage to refine the ending part whereby Joe lands and tries to regain balance.


Joe Walk Cycle
For the walk cycle I actually spent quite a bit of time to refine, refine and refine it up. When I added in the rotations and hip,shoulder weight shifting Joe looked like a piece of jelly shaking about. In order to fix it and make it look more "right" and natural, I spent time going through the weight shifting and changed them bit by bit at the same time reducing the amount of weight shifting in the body and moderate it.

After consulting Mr.James he pointed out that the body not only shakes but actually moves from left to right and right to left as they walk. I then added more movements into the body and it looked much more natural. The animation of the hands were pretty straight forward as I got the effect I wanted for the first cycle and duplicated the same effect for the next few steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment